Wednesday, February 7, 2007

More Costa Rica Photos

In an earlier post, I included photos from the area around Junquillal. After leaving Junquillal, I visited the fishing/diving village of Playas del Coco, which is about 20km from the Liberia airport.


Coco attracts tourists from Costa Rica and abroad who are into waterports--fishing, boating and diving--by day and who want lots of night life. There are several nice hotels and very good restaurants. I enjoyed my time there, but....I tend to like the peace, quiet and unspoiled nature of less developed areas further down the Pacific coast.

The harbor at Playas del Coco

"Downtown Coco"


The guard at my hotel. The weapon resembles a sawed-off shotgun. But, he was a very nice guy.
I offered him money to carefully watch my car, but all he wanted was a cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment